Seitz suspended 3 games
Boucherville, Tuesday November 21, 2017 – The Director of Player Safety of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Raymond Bolduc, suspended Dylan Seitz of the Moncton Wildcats for 3 games. The suspension was handed out following an incident that occurred on November 19th against the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles.
Here is the rationale that led to the decision:
- A Cape Breton player controlled the puck in the corner and then made a pass to a teammate at the face-off dot.
- He headed towards the net, deked a defenseman and took a shot at the net.
- The player at fault, after attempting to cut the pass, turned towards the front of the goal and slashed with both hands the opponent who was about shoot.
- The slash was given with force and hit the opponent directly on his hand.
- This is the first offense of the player at fault.
- The opponent was injured on the play.
The Director of Player Safety took this decision after having viewed videos of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee for disciplinary action.