Boucherville, Tuesday November 21, 2017 – The Director of Player Safety of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Raymond Bolduc, suspended Sacha Roy of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles for 4 games. The suspension was handed out following an incident that occurred on November 19th against the Moncton Wildcats.
Here is the rationale that led to the decision:
- The opponent entered the zone along the boards on the right side at the height of the blue line.
- A Cape Breton player was following him.
- Then the player at fault made a half-pivot and completed his check.
- An opposing player was already checking the opponent.
- There was only one second left in the game and the player at fault’s team was leading by three goals.
- He still decided to finish his check and hit the opponent’s head with his shoulder with force.
- This is not the first offense of the player at fault.
- The opponent was not injured on the play.
The Director of Player Safety took this decision after having viewed videos of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee for disciplinary action.