Employment Opportunity – Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships & National Events
Toronto, ON – The Canadian Hockey League is the largest development hockey league in the world with 60 teams in nine Canadian provinces and four American states. The CHL is made up of the Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and during the 2015/16 season, welcomed over nine million fans into its buildings.
The Canadian Hockey League is requesting applications for the position of Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships & National Events.
Main Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Manage and service all assigned partner relationships insuring contractual expectations are exceeded
- Develop specific client service plans for each assigned corporate partner account.
- Develop and customize year end summaries for each assigned corporate partner account.
- Work with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities, develop new and existing properties and share new ideas.
- Attend weekly meetings to review corporate partner fulfillment status, opportunities, new programs and promotions.
- Work with the Manager of National Events to oversee and manage game operations and all sponsorship deliverables at CHL National Events.
- Assist the Director of Business Operations with the Sportsnet national broadcasts as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Business Operations and Director of Corporate Partnerships.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, sports management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have 2-3 years of experience in the sports industry, preferably in the areas of client servicing, marketing or promotions.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office are essential
- A skill set that includes strong leadership, organizational, problem solving, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Being Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume (including salary expectations) and cover letter no later than Friday, December 9th, 2016 at 5:00 PM ET to:
Canadian Hockey League
305 Milner Avenue, Suite 201
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.