Boucherville, Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 – The Director of Player Safety of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Raymond Bolduc, suspended Jakub Zboril of the Saint John Sea Dogs for 5 games. The suspension was handed out following an incident that occurred on November 20th against the Moncton Wildcats.
Here is the rationale that led to the decision:
- The player at fault attempted a shot towards the net from the blue line.
- The puck deflected on a player and headed towards the slot.
- The opponent redirected it in the neutral zone.
- The player at fault accelerated and hit him.
- He jumped before the impact and hit the opponent’s head with his forearm and elbow.
- The opponent was not injured on the play.
- This is not the first offense of the player at fault.
The Director of Player Safety took this decision after having viewed videos of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee for disciplinary action.