A candidate will not be considered as one of the three finalists if he has not completed at least two semesters as a major junior hockey player in spite of the quality of his academic achievements. The candidates will be mainly evaluated on the last two completed semesters.
- Each candidate must present a complete file (maximum 30 pages), including news clippings and photos.
- The best potential candidates will be interviewed via videoconference in order to select three finalists.
- The selected finalists will be called in for an interview with the selection committee.
A – Academic information
- Recommendation from the Academic Advisor of the team
- Most recent transcript from his last year of High School
- Most recent transcript, if applicable, from college or university
- The list of ongoing courses, including those from which the final marks are still unknown
- Honours as a student
B- Sports Related Information
- Recommendation from the Head Coach underlining the following elements:
- Personal discipline
- Role in the team
- Other relevant element
- Significant statistics
- Honours as a junior hockey player
C- Personal Information
- The candidate must indicate the reasons why he thinks he should be chosen to win the Marcel-Robert Trophy (250 words approximately).
- A committee will select three finalists among the best candidates, following a preselection which will be made via videoconference. The decision will be based on the combined value of academic and hockey performances.
- The finalists will be invited for interviews. The Marcel-Robert Committee will then assess the finalists’ sports and academic records, as well as their general culture and critical-thinking skills.
- The winner of the Marcel-Robert Trophy will be announced at the Golden Puck Awards.
- All players nominated by their respective team will be entitled to a $400 scholarship.
- The three finalists will also receive an additional amount of $600.
- The winner of the Marcel-Robert trophy will receive an additional scholarship of $1500 at the Golden Puck Awards.
Marcel-Robert Committee – five representatives (Sports reporter, U Sports, Alliance-Sport-Études, Sponsor and one former recipient of the Marcel-Robert Trophy)