After being selected by the International Ice Hockey Federation, referee Guillaume Labonté will participate in the next IIHF U18 World Championship which will take place from April 18th to 28th in both Örnsköldsvik and Umeå, Sweden.
For the official, this selection is added to many other events he has participated in over the past few seasons. The QMJHL wishes to congratulate Labonté on this selection and wishes him a most rewarding experience in his journey as both an official and ambassador of the QMJHL.
Here is the official’s career résumé;
- 9 seasons (5 seasons as a Referee / 4 seasons as a Linesman)
- President Cup Final (2014, 2017 et 2018)
- 2017 – Memorial Cup – Windsor, ON
- 2017 – CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game – Québec
- 2015 – CIBC Canada-Russia Series – Rouyn-Noranda
- 2015 – CHL/NHL Prospects Camp
- 2014 – CHL/NHL Prospects Camp
- 2015 – World Under-17 Hockey Challenge – Sarnia, ON
- 2014 – World Under-17 Hockey Challenge – Sydney, NE
- 2011 – World Under-17 Hockey Challenge – Winnipeg, MB
- 2018 – Continental Cup – Denmark
AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE (AHL)
- NHL Intern – American Hockey League – Referee (2016-2017 Season – Today)