Boucherville, Friday November 10, 2017 – The Director of Player Safety of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Raymond Bolduc, suspended Vincent Senez of the Shawinigan Cataractes for 3 games. The suspension was handed out following an incident that occurred on November 8th against the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies.
Here is the rationale that led to the decision:
- The opponent received a pass near the boards at height of the face-off dot.
- He redirected the puck outside of the zone.
- The player at fault left the top of the slot and went to the opponent to check him.
- The player at fault hit the opponent with force with his shoulder and hit the opponent’s head.
- He propelled himself and his skates left the ice surface after impact.
- The opponent was in a vulnerable position, he had just shot the puck in the neutral zone.
- He raised his head, but could not protect himself as the player at fault was coming from the side.
- This is the first offense of the player at fault.
- The opponent was not injured on the play.
The Director of Player Safety took this decision after having viewed videos of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee for disciplinary action.