D’Astous suspended 4 games
Boucherville, Friday January 5, 2018 – The Director of Player Safety of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Raymond Bolduc, suspended Charle-Edouard D’Astous of the Rimouski Océanic for 4 games. The suspension was handed out following an incident that occurred on January 3rd against the Saint John Sea Dogs.
Here is the rationale that led to the decision:
- The opponent entered the zone at the height of the blue line.
- He made a pass to a teammate to his right towards the boards.
- The player at fault took two strides and went towards the opponent and hit him.
- The player at fault propelled himself upward to apply his hit.
- The opponent had just made a pass and was in a vulnerable position.
- He saw the player at fault at the last second and could not protect himself.
- The player at fault hit the opponent’s head with his shoulder.
- This is not the first offense of the player at fault.
- The opponent was injured on the play.
The Director of Player Safety took this decision after having viewed videos of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee for disciplinary action.