Anttalainen suspended 5 games
Boucherville, Monday October 2, 2017 – The Director of Player Safety of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Raymond Bolduc, suspended Aleksi Anttalainen of the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada for 5 games. The suspension was handed out following an incident that occurred on September 30th against the Val-d’Or Foreurs.
Here is the rationale that led to the decision:
- Val-d’Or’s left winger dumped the puck into the opposite corner as he entered the opponent’s zone.
- The opponent went to the corner to recuperate it.
- The player at fault pivoted and quickly headed towards him.
- At about fifteen feet from the boards, the opponent slowed down a little bit.
- The player at fault pushed the opponent to the lower back and the latter was thrown into the boards.
- The opponent was in a vulnerable position.
- The player at fault arrived quickly and pushed the opponent with force.
- This one was thrown violently against the boards on his shoulder and the side of his head.
- The move was dangerous.
- This is the first offense of the player at fault.
- The opponent was injured on the play.
The Director of Player Safety took this decision after having viewed videos of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee for disciplinary action.