QMJHL announces shortlist for 2019 Mastercard Memorial Cup bid presentations
Boucherville, QC — The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced today that two teams will have the opportunity to present a formal bid to the independent Selection Committee in the hopes of hosting the 2019 Mastercard Memorial Cup.
The Halifax Mooseheads and the Moncton Wildcats have advanced to the next stage after submitting their letters of intent prior to today’s deadline. The next step in the process will be the submission of the standard bid documents which will need to be sent to the Commissioner’s office no later than January 15, 2018.
The QMJHL also announced the composition of its independent Selection Committee which is comprised of:
- Scott Smith (President and COO, Hockey Canada) * President of the Committee *
- Glenn Stanford (President, Stanford Communications)
- Nancy K. Orr (Chief Provincial Judge, PEI Provincial Court)
- Patrick Sinnott (Chairman of the Board of Governors, University of PEI)
- Michel Côté (President and Lobbyist, Gestion Michel Côté / President, QMJHL Hall of Fame Selection Committee)
The QMJHL Commissioner, Gilles Courteau, will also be part of the Selection Committee as a non-voting member.
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League will announce the 2019 Mastercard Memorial Cup Host City on April 5th, 2018. The 100th edition of the Mastercard Memorial Cup will be hosted by the WHL’s Regina Pats, from May 17-27, 2018.