It is with great pride that the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) announces the hiring of well-decorated bloggers who will be contributing to the new Inside the Q news section over the course of the 2017-18 season.
To do so, the QMJHL approached fine connoisseurs of the League in order for them to provide content and original stories on various topics. Two of the previously mentioned bloggers will be mandated to write English blogs, two others will be providing French-only coverage, while a final one will be writing in both languages.
Here is a brief presentation of the bloggers you’ll soon be able to read on our website;
- Raynald Cloutier: For the past 14 years Raynald Cloutier has been describing QMJHL action, more specifically the Quebec Remparts, on the radio waves of CHYZ 94,3. He is also a sports commentator for Énergie 98,9 – a second radio station based out of Quebec City.
- André Ouellet: André Ouellet was a commentator during the Drummondville Voltigeurs games from 2012 to 2016. He is the president and founder of the ASPROSPECTS.com website that is dedicated to hockey’s top prospects. He is also a sports editorialist on the radio waves of BLVD 102,1.
- Craig Eagles: Last December, Craig Eagles joined the QMJHL Central Scouting Agency as a regional scout for New Brunswick. On top of being a High School teacher, Eagles has been broadcasting hockey locally since 2009. He’s been a colour analyst for the QMJHL for the past three seasons and started the Co Coaches Corner Blog in 2012.
- Peter Assaf: Peter Assaff has provided play-by-play coverage of the Acadie-Bathurst Titan’s home games on the QMJHL webcasts since 2006. The former Sports Editor at the Northern Light newspaper, he continues to write a weekly column on the QMJHL for the New Brunswick provincial daily, the Telegraph Journal.
- Philippe Germain: Philippe Germain has over 15 years of experience as a radio commentator and play-by-play host. Since 1999, he runs Visionnaire Communications, an agency offering translation services. Germain has also been writing for the QMJHL website since 2015.
Join us in welcoming our bloggers and make sure to stay tuned to our QMJHL website and social media platforms during the season in order to catch all of our blogger’s features. Enjoy the read!