This week, we highlight the players and goaltenders who have been performing best over the past three weeks of action in the QMJHL. You will see that Alex Barré-Boulet, Ross MacDougall, Filip Zadina and Samuel Harvey are all leaders when it comes to statistics. We also can’t ignore the team effort put together by the Rimouski Océanic!
*Please take note that all stats are in date of 2017-11-09
TOP FORWARDS SINCE OCTOBER 16TH
- Alex Barré-Boulet (Armada | Blainville-Boisbriand) – Despite a slow start (3 points in his first 7 games), the 20-year-old veteran has recently put up 18 points for the Armada that include 8 goals in 9 games. His teammate, Alexandre Alain, has amassed 15 points over the same span. Both Barré-Boulet and Alain will try to extend their active streaks of a game with at least one point to 10 tonight, at home, against Rouyn-Noranda.
TOP DEFENCEMEN SINCE OCTOBER 16TH
- Ross MacDougall (Screaming Eagles | Cap-Breton) – With 4 games of two points or more for the Eagles blueliner, the New-Brunswick native has collected 12 points dating back to October 16. He has also ended 7 of his past 9 games with a plus-minus differential of zero or more.
TOP GOALTENDERS SINCE OCTOBER 16TH
- Samuel Harvey (Huskies | Rouyn-Noranda) – We favored the save percentages in order to rank our goalies, and with a .939 efficiency, it’s Samuel Harvey who takes the lead on our board. We also notice that with an average of 32.5 shots against per game, Harvey sees a little less rubber than Étienne Montpetit, who is litteraly bombarded with 37 shots per outing over the past three weeks. Despite that, Montpetit’s strong play has still allowed the Foreurs to skate away with five wins!
TOP ROOKIES SINCE OCTOBER 16TH
- Filip Zadina (Mooseheads | Halifax) – With 8 goals in his last 9 games and a total of 14 points, Zadina leads all other players enjoying their first seasons in the Q. Zadina’s latest hot streak has allowed him to firmly establish himself amongst the league’s top scorers.
TOP TEAMS SINCE OCTOBER 16TH
- Rimouski Océanic – With a total of 15 points amassed, including points in 8 of its past 9 games, the Oceanic has earned the honor of being the QMJHL’s top team over the past three weeks.