Fan-friendly App unveiled for 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup
The 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup Host Committee, together with the Canadian Hockey League (CHL), have announced details of their all-new free event app, designed to enrich the Cup experience for attendees at the 100th anniversary edition of the iconic junior hockey event.
“We’re making the 2018 edition of the Mastercard Memorial Cup the most fan-friendly ever,” says Shaun Semple, Chair of Regina’s Host Committee. “The app will not only give fans the opportunity to track events and standings, but will also offer them the opportunity to win prizes, including front-row seats to see the Eagles at the spectacular Centennial Salute Opening Ceremonies event.”
The app will give fans the ability to:
- Manage their MMC event schedule, receive start-time and venue change alerts
- Receive alerts for available event tickets
- Earn points to win exciting prizes
- Stay connected, interacting on social media with other fans to share MMC experiences
- Win two front row tickets to see the Centennial Salute Opening Ceremonies outdoors at Mosaic Stadium, featuring a live concert performance by the Eagles
The 100th MasterCard Memorial Cup will take place May 17-27, 2018, at the Brandt Centre. The ten-day championship will feature the host Pats along with the champions of the Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, and the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
Hockey fans are encouraged to download the app early to take advantage of pre-event prize opportunities. It is now available for download by searching ‘Memorial Cup’ or ‘MMC100’ on the Apple App Store or on Google Play. For full details, visit mastercardmemorialcup.ca.