Scarborough, ON – The Canadian Hockey League is the largest development hockey league in the world with 60 teams in nine Canadian provinces and four American states. The CHL is made up of the Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Canadian Hockey League & Ontario Hockey League are requesting applications for the position of Coordinator, Video & Digital Content. This position is an seven month contract that will run through June, 2019.
The Video Coordinator will be responsible to help manage all aspects of video production for the CHL/OHL. This includes but is not limited to producing game highlights, marketing/sponsor elements and producing original content for web and social media.
Candidates for the position should have video production experience in hockey or a related sports industry. In addition, candidates should possess strong organizational skills and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects. Additionally, experience as a videographer, with video editing experience (Final Cut or Adobe Premiere) is required. Graphic production is also an asset. Experience in hockey, at a Club or League level, would be an asset. Candidates must have a vehicle and be available for flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Creating industry-leading content:
- Editing game highlights in real time for social media publication.
- Produce full highlight packages for CHL/OHL network sites.
- Label and organize highlights for archiving purposes
- Conduct weekly office hours to produce sponsored elements.
- Recognize stories and jump on ideas
- Shoot, produce and edit short- and long-form content
- Identify and address needs of CHL network media, sales and marketing teams.
- Prepare, carry, set-up and operate camera, and lighting equipment
- Develop new video executions and improve current ones
- Organize production (location, equipment, personalities, shooting and editing schedules, etc.)
- Proven experience creating top-notch, long- and short-form video content for (YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Expert working knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop etc.
- Excellent editorial judgement
- Highly organized and able to change tactics quickly
- Self-starter able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong knowledge and an understanding of the game of hockey
- Must conduct themselves with professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Being Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume (including salary expectations) and cover letter no later than Friday, November 9th, 2018 at 5:00 PM ET to:
Canadian Hockey League & Ontario Hockey League
305 Milner Avenue, Suites 200/201
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.