BOUCHERVILLE, Que. – Hockey Canada unveiled today its list of National Junior Team candidates ahead of the 2019 World Juniors held in Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia, from December 26, 2018 to January 5, 2019.
From the list of players invited to attend the National Junior Team Selection Camp held in Victoria, B.C., from December 11 to 14, you can find eight players originating from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League ranks.
- BEAUDIN, Nicolas | Châteauguay, Quebec | Drummondville, Voltigeurs
- DOBSON, Noah | Summerside, Prince Edward Island | Acadie-Bathurst, Titan
- JOSEPH, Pierre-Olivier | Chambly, Quebec | Charlottetown, Islanders
- McISAAC, Jared | Truro, Nova Scotia | Halifax, Mooseheads
- COMTOIS, Maxime | Longueuil, Quebec | Drummondville, Voltigeurs
- LAFRENIÈRE, Alexis | Saint-Eustache, Quebec | Rimouski, Océanic
- LAVOIE, Raphaël | Chambly, Quebec | Halifax, Mooseheads
- VELENO, Joseph | Montreal, Quebec | Drummondville, Voltigeurs
Of the group, only Comtois has a chance to return to Canada’s National Junior Team after winning gold in last year’s tournament.
It is also to be noted that Marc-André DUMONT (Montreal, Quebec | Cape Breton, Screaming Eagles) and Jim HULTON (Kingston, Ontario | Charlottetown, Islanders) will be serving as assistant coaches behind Team Canada’s bench, while Brian ST-LOUIS (Hull, Quebec | Baie-Comeau, Drakkar) will be serving as one of the team’s equipment managers.
Canada will open the tournament on Boxing Day against Denmark at 8 p.m. ET. Its preliminary-round schedule also includes games against Switzerland, the Czech Republic and Russia. The bronze and gold medal games will take place January 5 at Rogers Arena.