A spectacular end to the QMJHL’s regular season!
The end of the regular season in the QMJHL was marked by several standout achievements. The Halifax Moosheads equaled the prestigious mark of 58 wins in a season, previously established by the Sorel Éperviers in 1973-74, Trois-Rivières Draveurs in 1978-79 and Saint John Sea Dogs in 2010-11.
Ben Duffy of the PEI Rocket won the Jean Béliveau trophy awarded annually to the leading scorer in the League. The 5’10 centre played 68 games this season scoring 39 goals and adding 71 assists.
Etienne Marcoux of the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada won the Jacques-Plante Trophy awarded to the goalie with the best goals-against average. In 42 games played, he maintained an average of 2.14.
Both players will receive their trophies during the Golden Puck Awards on April 3rd in Montreal.
The complete playoffs calendar will be published on Monday. Here are the matchups for the first round:
- Saint John Sea Dogs vs Halifax Mooseheads
- Sherbrooke Phoenix vs Baie-Comeau Drakkar
- Acadie-Bathurst Titan vs Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
- Gatineau Olympiques vs Rimouski Océanic
- Chicoutimi Saguenéens vs Québec Remparts
- Victoriaville Tigres vs Moncton Wildcats
- Val-d’Or Foreurs vs PEI Rocket
- Drummondville Voltigeurs vs Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
You can visit the playoffs section of the QMJHL website which will be available soon for all the details.